Slate tile flooring is ideal for residential and commercial interiors and exteriors. It is easy to install and available with decorative colour variation and slip-resistance quality. Click images for details
You may go for natural surface textures of slate tile flooring and these textures come in different varieties. The flooring is slip-resistant and hence makes a premium choice for most people across the globe.
Things to consider when opting for slate tile flooring:
1. You should be sure of the fact that area in which you desire to install your slate tile flooring is apt for the climate, foot traffic and other important factors.
2. It is very important to consider the substrate over which you wish to install the slate tiles. The tile should suit your requirements. You should always ask your sales representative about the suitability of your substrate with respect to the slate tile product you wish to purchase.
3. You must expect colour variations when it comes to slate tile flooring and utilise them to your advantage.
4. It is necessary to keep yourself informed with the warranty details.
5. Before making a purchase, test the colour patterns, thickness variation and overall spacing of the slate you choose via laying out the slate in a dry run.
6. You require a special type of mortar for slate tiles. The mortar should be compatible to your interior and exterior installation. Try taking expert advice from sales representative about some brands and varieties of mortar available on the market. You should never forget to read the instructions available on the products you plan to purchase.
7. Slate tile flooring sealant is very important. You can choose from several varieties available such a high-gloss sealant that provides the tile a lustrous look, low sheen that is reflective and no sheen that provides slate a natural look.
8. You should consult an experienced flooring professional in case, you don’t have any experience in laying slate tiles all by yourself. This will also help you stay miles away from mistakes that may make your wallet lighter. Click images for details
1. Never ever forget to allow for breakage and waste while placing your order. Remember that accidents can happen at any time.
2. You should inspect your substrate for dirt or loose materials. A clear, clean and level substrate is very important for a perfect slate tile flooring installation.
3. Don’t install slate tile flooring on a wet surface.
4. Don’t apply a sealer to a slate tile floor that has been oiled or waxed and not cured.
5. Grouting soon is not a good idea. Always allow the mortar to properly set.
Check out Our Picks page and enjoy your new design!
Follow us on social media! Pin us on Pinterest!